Murray Plumb & Murray - Attorneys at Law, Portland, Maine
Real Estate and Finance
Murray Plumb & Murray’s real estate practice provides specialized real estate expertise in combination with the skills of our attorneys in the corporate, tax and bankruptcy areas, to maximize the real estate opportunities presented to our clients. We have the knowledge, experience and business judgment to assist in the full range of real property matters, and handle even the most complex matters in a manner that is personal in approach and responsive to our client’s needs.. Through our interdisciplinary approach we are able to advise our clients on all aspects of real estate transactions, including sales and acquisitions, development, construction, financing, leasing, ownership, operation, and management. In the rapidly changing real estate market, we are able to provide creative solutions to the myriad issues confronting developers, investors and those owning or operating real estate properties, by delivering high quality legal work that addresses the business objectives of our clients. Additionally, Murray Plumb & Murray provides title insurance policies for transactions involving commercial and residential properties in every county in the State of Maine as an agent for Old Republic Title Insurance Company and First American Title Insurance Company. Our goal is to provide competitive, cost effective title services to our clients, other local and out-of state law firms and lending institutions.
Our experienced corporate, real estate and banking attorneys represent both borrowers and lenders. Our goal is to render practical legal advice based on a sound analysis combined with common sense and years of experience. Among our special fields of banking expertise are:
- forming and structuring banks and their holding companies;
- buying and selling banks and bank branches, both as stock and asset transactions;
- issuing, transferring, and redeeming securities, together with effecting associated federal and state exemptions from securities registrations;
- dealing with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Reserve Systems, and the Maine Bureau of Banking;
- representing lenders and borrowers in financing transactions, including preparation of loan documentation for both asset-based and real estate financings, and advice on compliance with applicable statutes and regulations;
- workouts of troubled loans, including foreclosure, bankruptcy, and enforcement of creditors’ rights; and
- negotiating, preparing, and reviewing loan participation agreements, trust agreements, and other contracts necessary and familiar to banks.
Murray Plumb & Murray has represented many banks in the Southern Maine area, including Norway Savings Bank, TD Bank N.A. and Androscoggin Savings Bank.