Drew A. Anderson
What I love about real estate law is working on deals, and then walking around the City, seeing a building, and thinking, ‘I helped make that happen.’
Drew joined Murray Plumb & Murray in 1990 and today is a partner and the firm’s Managing Director. Drew thrives on working with others to achieve a common goal, the diversity of his work, and putting clients at the center of everything he does. His tenure includes more than 30 years of experience in commercial real estate and corporate law. Underscoring all of his work is a steadfast commitment to client service, relationships, and open communication.
Drew practices in a wide variety of real estate areas including:
- The purchase, sale, and development of commercial and industrial buildings and multi-family apartment buildings and complexes
- Leasing transactions for landlords and tenants
- Representing lenders and borrowers in loan transactions of all types
- Assisting developers with residential and office condominiums
- Qualified Opportunity Zone investments and 1031 exchanges
Drew’s corporate work includes stock and asset purchases and sales, shareholder agreements, and formation of business entities in Maine and other jurisdictions, including limited liability companies. Drew also heads Murray Plumb & Murray’s title services group, which provides title insurance products to real estate owners as agent for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, First American Title Insurance Company, and CATIC. His achievements include being named to New England Super Lawyers and The Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law.
Drew currently serves as a Board Member of 75 State Street, Aquatic Center of Maine, and Geneva Point Center. He recently served on the Board of The Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project (ILAP) and is a former board member (and past president) of the Children’s Museum of Maine and Portland’s Downtown District. Drew lives with his family in Portland.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D.
- Staff Member & Literary Editor, Suffolk University Law Review
- Boston College, B.A., cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York