Murray Plumb & Murray is seeking a senior associate or partner attorney to join its land use team. The ideal candidate will have five or more years of experience in land use regulation. Strong academic credentials and an ability to work independently and concurrently on multiple projects are critical. Excellent oral and written communications skills and research capabilities are required. Maine Bar membership will be required, but is not a condition to hiring.
The ideal candidate may have experience or interest in:
- Permitting new developments and subdivisions
- Permitting due diligence related to mergers and acquisitions
- Zoning determinations for purchase of real estate
- Environmental compliance
- Representation before municipal and state boards
- Opposition to inappropriate development
- Landowner/neighbor disputes
- Permitting counsel for ownership transfers of existing developments
- Litigation/resolution of real estate conflicts, boundary disputes, and property access issues
- Judicial appeals from decisions by municipal and state land use agencies
- Drafting and advocating adoption of amendments to municipal zoning ordinances and maps
- Contract or conditional zoning
- Defense of land use violation complaints and notice of violation
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and references to Kelly McDonald Esq., Chair of the Hiring Committee, email@example.com. All inquiries held in strictest confidence.
About Murray, Plumb & Murray
Nearly five decades ago, three Maine attorneys joined together and took the less-traveled road. They left the safety and comfort of big firms to do something that felt like a better fit for them and provided a greater service to clients. They started a smaller, slightly unorthodox firm with humanity at its core.
We see each other and clients as people first. Respectful, genuine relationships rooted in upfront, open communication are the linchpin of every legal endeavor we pursue.
We are steadfastly committed to helping businesses, entrepreneurs, families, and individuals succeed in their personal and professional lives. From education and business law to real estate and employment matters, our ingenious attorneys and practice groups are eager to delve into and solve complex issues because we help our clients protect what matters most.