As we all work together to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the health of our clients, employees, and community are of the utmost importance. Fortunately, MPM is well-positioned to continue to address the legal needs of our clients with the same quality service our clients expect, while also respecting the public health needs of this firm and our community.
Many businesses and individuals in our community are facing unprecedented challenges in the wake of COVID-19. During this uncertain time, our attorneys have come together to offer knowledge and resources across practice groups to provide guidance on the current situation and as things develop in the coming weeks.
How we can help
We are providing clients with guidance on an array of issues including:
- Employment and employee benefits
- Business interruption
- Business contracts and force majeure provisions
- Estate planning
- Real estate
Help for businesses experiencing financial distress
- Rent in the time of coronavirus: a practical guide to deferments & abatements
- How to prepare for short-term business disruption
- Can you still do business with a company that has filed for bankruptcy?
- Can I stay open? A roadmap to tough choices for small business owners
- Leveraging Litigation: Getting Quick Results in a Slow System
- Protect your cash and explore government financing opportunities.
Resources for employers & employees
- COVID-19 Employment FAQ
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Webinar
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- Maine Department of Labor Resources for Workers and Businesses on COVID-19
- US Department of Labor Resources for employers and employees
- Maine CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
Resources for families & individuals
- Ensure your estate plan is in order while you’re working from home
- Executing estate plans in the time of COVID-19
- Congressional Health Care Law Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Governor Janet Mills Response to COVID-19
- USDA Approves Waiver from Maine DOE to Allow Schools Flexibility in Meal Services During School Closures
Protect your cash and explore government financing opportunities
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFRCA)