Murray, Plumb & Murray offers a full range of estate planning, trust, and probate services. For years, we’ve helped clients maximize the after tax inheritances pass to their children and grandchildren through a variety of estate planning techniques including:
- Wills of all types;
- Living Trusts, which provide professional management of assets and avoid the costs and delays of probate;
- Credit Shelter Trusts, which ensure a husband and wife can pass the maximum allowable amount to their children;
- Insurance Trusts, which can provide funds to pay federal estate taxes and other payees;
- Inter Vivos Gift Programs, which can provide substantial tax savings to the whole family without diminishing the security or independence of clients in their later years;
- Family Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies, which can be effective vehicles in connection with annual gift programs for children and grandchildren; and
- Charitable Gift Programs, which can satisfy a client’s charitable desires at the most advantageous tax cost.
With all the tax planning, however, we never lose sight of the fact that the principal objective in structuring an estate plan is to ensure your property is left in the manner and to the people you desire.
In connection with closely held family businesses, we’ve helped clients in the often painful transition of passing the ownership and operation of such businesses from one generation to the next.
In addition, we can be help with advance directives for medical care and financial powers of attorney for other matters. We provide you with recognized alternatives, as well as prepare the necessary documents to set forth the degree of medical care you want to receive at a future time, when you may not be capable of making such a decision.
We offer complete services in connection with the handling of a decedent’s affairs, whether it is in the structured environment of probate or the more informal and less costly environment of a Living Trust. In either case, we’re equipped to efficiently handle the myriad of property and financial matters associated with the death of a loved one. We also handle ancillary administration proceedings throughout Maine for non-resident estates. Finally, we also provide Trust administrative services when requested.
Estate Planning and Probate Documents:
- Estate Planning Questionnaire (Single)
- Estate Planning Questionnaire (Married)
- Probate Questionnaire
What legal strategies can be used to preserve and protect family property?
What is the difference between estate planning and a will?