Murray Plumb & Murray’s real estate practice combines specialized expertise with master skill in the areas of corporate, tax and bankruptcy to maximize real estate opportunities presented to our clients. Our knowledge, experience, and judgment allow us to help clients in the full range of property matters. We handle even the most complex matters in a way that is personal and responsive to our client’s needs. Too often, lawyers stand in the way of getting the deal done. While we will always be determined to protect our clients from realistic threats of loss, we believe in helping you find the balance between risk and reward.
Through our interdisciplinary approach, we advise clients on all aspects of real estate transactions, including sales and acquisitions, development, construction, financing, leasing, ownership, operation, and management. In the rapidly changing real estate market, we offer creative solutions to the myriad issues confronting developers, investors, and those owning or operating real estate properties by delivering high-quality legal work that addresses the business objectives of our clients. We also help guide families through the issues of ownership, governance, and succession planning for vacation and other real estate properties.
We also provide title insurance policies for commercial and residential property transactions in every county in Maine as an agent for Old Republic Title Insurance Company and First American Title Insurance Company. Our goal is to provide competitive, cost-effective title services to our clients, other local and out of state law firms, and lending institutions.
Our experienced corporate, real estate, and banking attorneys represent both borrowers and lenders. Our goal is to render practical legal advice based on sound analysis, common sense, and years of experience.
Our specialized banking expertise includes:
- forming and structuring banks and their holding companies;
- buying and selling banks and bank branches, both as stock and asset transactions;
- issuing, transferring, and redeeming securities, together with effecting associated federal and state exemptions from securities registrations;
- dealing with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Reserve Systems, and Maine Bureau of Banking;
- representing lenders and borrowers in financing transactions, including preparation of loan documentation for asset-based and real estate financings, and advice on compliance with applicable statutes and regulations;
- workouts of troubled loans, including foreclosure, bankruptcy, and enforcement of creditors’ rights; and
- negotiating, preparing, and reviewing loan participation agreements, trust agreements, and other contracts necessary and familiar to banks.
We’ve represented many banks in Maine, including Norway Savings Bank, TD Bank, and Androscoggin Savings Bank.
What legal strategies can be used to preserve and protect family property?
What is a common scenario for a family who failed to plan for the summer home in advance?
When should families begin planning for the future of their summer home?